[thelist] CreateFolder problem

v.b. sunil pkcsunil at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 20 13:34:00 CST 2002

I am facing a problem in ASP.
I want to create a folder at the server side.
I am not able to create it.
I have done the following :

1.I made a new virtual directory called FolderCreation
in Default Web Site.

2.By right clicking the virtual directory and going to
properties i set the local path as C:\Doc..and
Settings\vbsunil\Desktop\Folder.

3.By right clicking the folder named "Folder" in
desktop ,and going to its properties,and under the
security tab i gave All(Full control,i.e all check
boxes checked)Permission .

4.Now i wrote WriteFile.asp in "Folder" and the
contents of which is as follows

<%@ LANGUAGE=VBScript %>
<%

Function CreateFolderDemo
Dim fso, f
Set f = fso.CreateFolder("c:\New Folder")
CreateFolderDemo = f.Path
End Function

CreateFolderDemo

%>

5.By right clicking C drive and going to its
peoperties and under security tab, i add IUSR_SUNIL
and gave all permissions.

6.Now in the address bar of IE i typed

http://..../FolderCreation/WriteFile.asp

I am using IIS 5.0 and windows 2000 professional.

it is taking long time without displaying anything.and
also no folder is getting created.

I am not able to find the problem .If anyone can help
me in this i will be greatful to him/her.

Thanx in advance
bye,
sunil