[thelist] Server Side Image Resizing Issue

Bob Haroche spambait at onpointsolutions.com
Wed Nov 20 19:28:01 CST 2002

I'm developing a web app with Cold Fusion 5, but I'm not sure that the
issue I'm describing is specific to CF or is related to JPEG's in
general:

I'm using the CF custom tag imagesize to get the width/height of
uploaded
images. I'm finding a problem sometimes with very simple jpeg uploads.
Say the image is 200 x 200. I can upload it to the server and it
remains 200 x 200 (I've checked), but the imagesize tag tells me the
image is 112 x 112.

If I take the same image into Fireworks and re-export, again as a jpeg
with same 200 x 200 dimensions, this time the imagesize tag reports
the correct dimensions.

Is there a known issue with either CF and/or something to do with
exporting jpegs -- eg, corrupt image info in the binary jpeg file?

Regards,
Bob Haroche
O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s
www.OnPointSolutions.com