[thelist] sql/table design help

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 21 09:23:02 CST 2002

Ah, I think I have it - here it is:

# phpMyAdmin MySQL-Dump
# version 2.3.2

# Database : `menufriend`
# --------------------------------------------------------

#
# Table structure for table `category`
#

CREATE TABLE category (
  categoryID int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  category varchar(24) NOT NULL default '',
  blurb varchar(25) default NULL,
  pretext varchar(255) default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (categoryID)
) TYPE=MyISAM;
# --------------------------------------------------------

#
# Table structure for table `menuitem`
#

CREATE TABLE menuitem (
  menuitemID int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  item varchar(225) NOT NULL default '',
  description text,
  price decimal(7,2) NOT NULL default '0.00',
  categoryID int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY  (menuitemID),
  FULLTEXT KEY item (item)
) TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='These table describes each item on a given
menu.';

So menuitem is anything on the menu - fries to a steak dinner. Right
now I have the price in there. Category is lunch, dinner, side order,
beverage..etc.

So far I have a menu page where you can view all the items, choose to
edit or delete them and a page to manage the categories.

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();

http://www.pixelmech.com/