[thelist] [SQL 2000] Serialization failure

Kyle Murphy kyle.murphy at tempschedulingsystem.com
Thu Nov 21 11:16:01 CST 2002

Anybody have a quick fix for this SQL Server error?  We're using 2000 &
everything seems to be working fine.  I found a MS Knowledgebase article
on this exact error & they say that it doesn't "really" hurt anything
and to wait for the next SP to get a fix.

I'm just curious as to what it is & how could it possibly affect our
database....

ODBC Error Code = 40001 (Serialization failure) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL
Server Driver][SQL Server]Transaction (Process ID 54) was deadlocked on
lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock
victim. Rerun the transaction.