[thelist] Photoshop 6 is trying to access drive A (3.5" flopp y)

Rob Whitener rwhitener at DesignOptions.com
Thu Nov 21 14:33:01 CST 2002

This may sound stupid, but have you tried to save another image to a drive
other than your floppy since the incident?

-----Original Message-----
From: Syed Zeeshan Haider [mailto:szh at softhome.net]
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 3:29 PM
To: Evolt TheList
Subject: [thelist] Photoshop 6 is trying to access drive A (3.5" floppy)

Hello Experts,
I hope it's not off-topic. If it is then tell me.
Some days ago I created an image for printing on my friend's printer. I
usually
save such images on hard drive and then copy them to floppy to take away. On
that day, I saved the image directly on floppy with Photoshop 6. After that
day,
PS tries to access floppy (drive A) on each click and every keyboard hit.
Now
this is very annoying for me. It not only slows down the PC but also causes
the
drive A to produce annoying noise when the floppy is not in there.
Why is Photoshop doing so?
How can I solve this problem?
Thank you,
Syed Zeeshan Haider.