[thelist] Use PHP for content?

djinn at darkdesigns.org djinn at darkdesigns.org
Thu Nov 21 15:29:00 CST 2002

Thank you for your descriptions and websites. Now that I have read the "What
is PHP" and "What is it good for?" as well as your responses, I have a
specific question. A website that I am only peripherally responsible for
seems to be calling all of it's text using PHP (could be wrong)
http://www.camst.net/. The text isn't contextual or contantly changing or
anything else that I could see using script for. The page also takes *ages*
to load (when I first loaded it I thought there was going to be one heck of
an image file or something).

First, is it common/good practice to use PHP this way?

Second, could this use of PHP be why the page takes so long to load?

Thanks.
Jean Peterson