[thelist] AOL 5 Mac OS 9 what-is-it? (Weird CSS issue)

Bruce Wilbur thelist at brucew.com
Thu Nov 21 16:41:01 CST 2002

Geoff Sheridan wrote:
> What is AOL 5 (v20.7) for Mac OS 9? The browser IE5 is also installed
> on the machine, but may not be the only browser on the machine.

My guess is that there's a version of IE 4.5 for the Mac lurking somewhere on the machine.  It does some very weird things to otherwise nice pages.

Not true.  IE 4.5 for the Mac *does* know how to @import but *doesn't* know what to do with most of the CSS2 stuff we typically hide there.  And IE 4.72 Win?  Don't you mean NN?