[thelist] layers not frames

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Thu Nov 21 18:16:01 CST 2002

i don't think that will work because a table is not a box of any kind. i
don't know what the correct term is but it's just not a box! ;) it's a
serious of rows. so how do you decide when the content has overflowed?
even if you set the height of the table, i think that only applies when
the table is shorter than the height attribute. once it get's taller, it
just ignores the height setting and continues to grow.

you could put the table INSIDE a div and give the div overflow: auto;
that might work. i have never tried it out though.

maybe i'm wrong about all this. someone let me know if i am.

chris.

p.s. notice how i only left the pertinent data from your email in my
reply? i took off all the footers and also your original post and max's
reply. not to be rude or anything but please trim your messages. it
makes the threads a lot easier to follow.