[thelist] hypothetically speaking ...

MarsHall evolt at MARSorange.com
Fri Nov 22 00:31:01 CST 2002

Hi there...

On Thursday, Nov 21, 2002, at 08:55 US/Central, Aleem Bawany wrote:
> so would that mean I can simply highlight some content on a random
> website, click a bookmarklet and have that fed into my content
> management system,

I know that Blogger has a bookmarklet (
http://www.blogger.com/howto/blogthis.pyra ) that works by popping a
window with a text field whose contents can be submitted on-the-spot to
your blog. The text field is pre-populated with the current documents
name and URL and *I think* current selection too.

That might lead you in the right direction!

> I was playing around with it earlier, you can view it here:
> http://one.com.pk/test/accesskey.html

FYI: That script does not work on Mac OS X in Chimera Navigator 0.6
(that's Moz 1.0 layout engine) or IE 5.2.2; it returns no errors.

Have a lovely night [or day],
Mars