[thelist] What is PHP?

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Fri Nov 22 04:25:00 CST 2002

Tim Luoma wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 djinn at darkdesigns.org wrote:
>
> > [Disclaimer - those who want to tell me to use Google, please delete
> > this message. I know there are people on this list who are
> > knowledgeable enough about PHP to point me to the *right* information,
> > not just *all* of the information.]
>
> '+what +is php' at google would give you the *right* information

even just searching for php on it's own would have been sufficient,
returning www.php.net as the first result.  Clicking on that gives you the
immediate text: "PHP is a widely-used general-purpose scripting language
that is especially suited for Web development and can be embedded into HTML
[...]"

> PHP is a widely-used general-purpose scripting language that is
> especially suited for Web development and can be embedded into HTML. If
> [snip]

hey, you noticed that too - it must be rather prominent then :)

In future, I recommend Google.

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like