[thelist] graphic design :: fade out?

Michael Barrett mbarrett at triad.rr.com
Fri Nov 22 06:21:01 CST 2002

You are looking for the gradient tool.

In Photoshop 6 or higher, set your foreground color to "left" color and
your background color to the "right" color.

Do this by clicking the foreground color swatch on the toolbar,
selecting a color, and hitting "OK"
Repeat for the background color

Then choose the gradient tool (G) from the tool pallette

There are a few gradient styles to choose from.

Click on the little gradient pull down menu on the options toolbar at
the top of the screen...
Select the gradient style which shows the foreground fading to the
background.

Using the Gradient tool, click on the left side of your image where you
want the color to start, drag to the right as far as you want the color
to go.

Hold "shift" to draw in a straight line.