[thelist] problem formatting ASP/Access WHERE statement

Dunstan Orchard dunstan at 1976design.com
Fri Nov 22 07:43:01 CST 2002

Hi there,

I have an ASP page which, when loaded, includes an ArticleID value in the url:

http://207.17.209.3/perform/article.asp?ArticleID=63

This ArticleID is then used to lookup the correct article in an Access db:
--------------------------------
strQuery = "SELECT
ArticleID,ArticleTitle,ArticleFile,ArticleSummary,ArticleContent,ColumnName,Cur
rentIssue,AuthorID,FullName,IssueID,IssueFile,FutureIssue FROM ArticlesQuery
WHERE ArticleID = 'ArticleID'"
--------------------------------

But when I run this (and the db connection gubbins before it) I get the
following errors:
--------------------------------

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Data type mismatch in criteria
expression.

/perform/article.asp, line 16
--------------------------------

I don't understand in ASP how to format the WHERE bit of the query.

I've also tried:
--------------------------------
...FROM ArticlesQuery WHERE ArticleID = ::ArticleID::"

but that gives the error:

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error (missing operator) in
query expression 'ArticleID = ::ArticleID::'.

/perform/article.asp, line 16

Can anyone help me format this section correctly?

Many thanks - dunstan