[thelist] [Email] Setting Up Email Server Separate from Shared Web Server -- Help Please

Stephen Nelson nelsons at swosu.edu
Fri Nov 22 08:40:23 CST 2002

I would greatly appreciate any help, guidence, or direction that anyone can
provide.  Thanks in advance.

I have a problem, which I have not run into before.  I have a new client who
runs there own M$ exchange server in house.  I usually use a shared
webhosting solution from an outside vendor for my clients.  My question is
how do I forward any email to the exchange server from the shared server?
Is it something that has to be set on the Web Server? Or is this something
that I can configure at verisign? The domain is registered through verisign.

The webserver runs FreeBSD and Apache.  I have limited access to it.

Thanks,

Stephen Nelson