[thelist] [Email] Setting Up Email Server Separate from Share d Web Server -- Help Please

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Fri Nov 22 08:45:01 CST 2002

> vendor for my clients.  My question is how do I forward any
> email to the exchange server from the shared server? Is it

What mail will be going to the web server? How will it be getting there?

Unless someone creates an MX (Mail eXchange) record pointing to it, mail
won't even try to go there; it'll go their Exchange box, as always.

If you're *sending* mail, use the local box's smtp services and ignore the
Exchange box.

joel