[thelist] ASP help needed

Bret Daniel BDaniel at Chemnavigator.com
Fri Nov 22 10:00:01 CST 2002

can you send the source for the page?

-----Original Message-----
From: Kathleen Heytink [mailto:K_HEYTINK at winebow.com]
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 7:35 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] ASP help needed

I'm a raw newbie at .asp.  I've tried learning through books and tutorials,
but I find the best way for me to learn anything is to simply jump into the
deep end with both feet.

I learned HTML and CSS in this fashion, so now I'm trying to do the same
with .asp - which brings me to my current dilemma.

I pulled the script on this page -->
http://www.winebow.com/test5d.asp?producer=1 from one of the other pages on
our web site, because it does what I want - display a list of wines for a
given producer.

However when I attempt to add it to this page -->
http://www.winebow.com/Nshortdet.asp?ID=206  I'm getting an error.

I've been trial and erroring it for two days now with no success.  The
Nshortdet.asp page works fine without the additional code to pull in the
info from the database.  And all the other scripts seem to work correctly
after I add the extra code, but the extra bit won't work in this page, even
though it works by itself.  This leads me to the conclusion that something
in the added bit is in conflict with something in the original bits, but I
don't know enough to figure it out and I can't seem to find anything that
relates on any of the .asp help web sites.

BTW - I didn't write any of this code.  It was written by our former
database development consultant who is no longer in the development business
(long story)

The original pages are at http://www.winebow.com/shortdet.asp?ID=206 and at
http://www.winebow.com/show_producer.asp?producer=1 if it would help to see
the code before I got my hands on it <g>

TIA
-- Kath ...
work --> www.winebow.com
home --> www.cyber-kat.com --> topkat at cyber-kat.com --