[thelist] Recording screen resolution in web logs

Francois Jordaan francois.jordaan at wheel.co.uk
Fri Nov 22 10:08:26 CST 2002

I want to add some code to a website so that I can survey for the next 3
months the users' browser specs. This will give me stats to work with for a
planned redesign.

Regular web log gives me browser brand & version, but I want screen size
(and ideally window size). I've seen this done but can't remember where.

Would this work?
a. write some Javascript that docwrites a query string onto an image on the
home page, something like ?x=640&y=480
b. Server web log records the query string
c. report off the web log in due course

francois