[thelist] Acrobat and Frames :-\ (New Question)

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Fri Nov 22 13:57:01 CST 2002

Thanks for your help, I just wanted to know. I've done some tests already,
but I won't be completely satisfied until I test the whole thing over 3
times on every OS and version of a web browser we have available.

Acrobat usually blows up after about 20 or so clicks (opening of Pdf's) and
starts opening docs in new windows. Mind you this is the CD version, not the
on-line version. I hit the refresh button once again and I find a Pdf that I
clicked a few minutes ago is still in the mainFrame frame; as if time
stopped, thus causing the browser/reader to break. I've heard other tails of
Pdf file names being too long. Anyone heard about this? Adobe has no clue
what I'm talking about, yet my IT dept knows of the bug. Is it a known, or
unknown bug?

Rob.Smith

p.s. I really like Opera! (...the Web Browser...)

>it makes sense to say that both methods would work. if you specify
>"_self" the page should open in whatever frame the link is in. if you
>specify "mainFrame" the page will load in the "mainFrame", which just so
>happens to be the same frame the links are in.

>if you want to find out for sure, test it.

>chris.

>p.s. remember to trim messages.

done.