[thelist] SSI disadvantages?

Roger Harness magic32 at jps.net
Fri Nov 22 18:03:01 CST 2002

'Volters,

ARE there any serious disavantages to utilizing server side includes??

I have a relatively small (30-ish pages, but growing!) 2-framed site for our
retail store, with a little less then 100 visitors a day.

The main reason for frames was navigation utilization/modification. But for
various reasons, (mainly search engines and bookmarks), I'm redesigning the
site.

I'd like to use SSI for my left navigation, my header, and maybe a footer.
And for the record, SSI *is* enabled, and working fine.

For this situation, are there any serious disadvantages? I *am* doing some
googling, I also just wanted to ask you folks, 'cuz ya seem to know
everything :)

Guess I just want some feedback before I overhaul the whole thing.

As always, TIA!

-Roger Harness