[thelist] XML empty elements

Mark Joslyn Mark.Joslyn at SolimarSystems.com
Fri Nov 22 18:37:01 CST 2002

I cannot seem to keep my empty elements from displaying in the browser.

Sample of XML code:

	<item>
		<title>IPEX</title>
		<link>http://www.ipex.org</link>
		<booth />
		<date>April 9-17</date>
		<location>National Exhibition Centre</location>
		<city>Birminghan, England</city>
		<state>United Kingdom</state>
	</item>

	<item>
		<title>AFCOM Spring Conference &amp; Expo</title>
		<booth>Booth 546</booth>
		<link>http://www.afcom.com</link>
		<date>April 16-17</date>
		<location>Rio Hotel</location>
		<city>Las Vegas, NV</city>
		<state>USA</state>
	</item>

When I run the script through my XSL stylesheet, it displays a blank line
where "Booth" would display because the element is empty. Is there a way to
detect if the element is empty, and if it is, not to display it?

Any help would be appreciated. FYI - I am an extreme newbie to XML, XSL,
etc..

Thanks,

markJ