[thelist] Re: SSI disadvantages?

MarsHall evolt at MARSorange.com
Sun Nov 24 01:21:01 CST 2002

On Saturday, Nov 23, 2002, at 20:59 US/Central, C Williams wrote:
> The *only* thing I will say is you will need to stick with the .shtml
> ending, even if you abandon the server side includes down the road.

This is not true. There are many paths to take:

	- you can easily later change the files' extension
		and search-&-replace it in your HTML files

	- you can use a URL rewriting module in the Web Server
		(this has been discussed here several times recently)

	- you can set the Web Server's config to process SSI
		for both .html *and* .shtml filename extensions

Mars :)