[thelist] sql query php layout

Anderson Cummins acummins at rogers.com
Sun Nov 24 11:08:01 CST 2002

You can simply find the number of rows returned define a global variable (
results per page) and do the devision to find how many groupings you will
need. I've implemented this and it works rather well.

<?php

$link = mysql_connect("localhost", "mysql_user", "mysql_password");
mysql_select_db("database", $link);

$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM table1", $link);
$num_rows = mysql_num_rows($result);

echo "$num_rows Rows\n";

?>You could also limit the start point and end point of queries so that you
onlyretrieve the necessary amount of rows:$qry = "select * from table1 limit
$start, $number_per_query";Thanks,Anderson----- Original Message -----