[thelist] Help with DHTML or Javascript

David U. davidu at everydns.net
Sun Nov 24 18:02:00 CST 2002

Hi Evolters,

I've been playing with javascript and stuff this weekend and I'm still
pretty novice with most of this stuff.

I'm able to make a div hide and appear at the click of a link but it just
shows up "on top" of everything else.

Is there a way to show something (a div) that was previously hidden but that
when shown will kind of reshuffle stuff around it on the page so that
anything under it will be pushed lower on the page?

Does that make sense?  Basically I'm trying to create a cool help system for
the people who use my DNS service and so if anyone wants to offer a bit of
time to chat and give me some ideas on how to best do it, I'd appreciate it.
I tried going in the evolt IRC channel but it was pretty quiet. (except for
a friendly bot. :-)

My AOL IM name: everydns if someone wants to chat.

thanks,
David U.

--
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the
world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret Mead