[thelist] E-store software

Dan Romanchik dan at danromanchik.com
Mon Nov 25 12:47:01 CST 2002

I'm currently using Miva Merchant for my online bookstore, Quality Technical
Books (http://qtb.com). Like all packages, it has its plusses and minuses.
The search, for example, is not that sophisticated, and it uses a
proprietary flat file database structure instead of a relational database.
On the plus side, it's extensible and there are lots of third-party add-ons
for it.

I've installed and have been playing with OSCommerce, but for some reason,
it doesn't want to work on my web host. The problem is that the number of
items in the shopping cart never changes. Supposedly this is fixed in the
newest version (which is a beta version), but I haven't had time to try and
fix this yet.

Dan