[thelist] Elated ASPpassword protection - comments?

Flavia Tarzwell (FayeC) ftarzwell at fayec.com
Mon Nov 25 13:21:01 CST 2002

Hi,

I was trying to find a non-database based password protection in ASP and
I came across the Elated snippet
(http://www.elated.com/tutorials/programming/asp/password_protection/).
I was wondering if anybody has any comments about it.
Another thing is....I am trying to test the page I am using the snippet
on and it keeps trying to load something but will never go through or
give any error message...any tips to what can be causing it?
I have checked the path to the txt file and everything is fine but it
just won't login....

Any help is appreciated and if you have any other options for a simple
ASP password protection where the username/password is not stored in a
database please forward away.

Thanks,

FayeC