[thelist] Effcient ASP Script?

Chris Blessing webguy at mail.rit.edu
Mon Nov 25 14:51:01 CST 2002

Adam-

What is the DBMS behind this? SQL Server?

If so, you can use the TOP clause to get just the first 2000 records,
significantly reducing your recordset overhead.

Example:

SELECT TOP 10 field1, field2 FROM myTable

Also, define the fields you want to select in your query, rather than
selecting *.

Chris Blessing
webguy at mail.rit.edu
http://www.330i.net