[thelist] MySQL DateTime and 24 hour time format

Michael Barrett mbarrett at triad.rr.com
Mon Nov 25 15:59:00 CST 2002

I'm working on a little search tool to pull records which occurred
after a certain date.

My records are time-stamped using a column in MySQL's Datetime format
(YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS)

The time is recorded in 24 hour time format.

If I want to select records that are stamped after today...what is the
proper time stamp for midnight of the day in question..
e.g. for today would I select for date >  2002-11-25 00:00:00 or  date
 > 2002-11-25 24:00:00 or what?

<tip type="CSS" author="Michael Barrett">

You can apply more than one class to an element in most modern,
compliant browsers by listing the classes, separated by spaces, in the
class attribute of the element.

e.g. <div class="class-1 class-2 class-3">

Maybe a no-brainer for some...but when I discovered this. I was a happy
happy boy.

</tip>