[thelist] How to protect plain html files?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 27 13:34:02 CST 2002

> From: "Flavia Tarzwell (FayeC)" <ftarzwell at fayec.com>
>
> How could I protect plain html files?
> I am outsourcing this project and the designer wants html pages to be
> inside a password protected area. I had created a one page password
> protected area which doesn't allow for expansion (at the time I was
> told that it would be just that page period). Now I need to create
> something that allows for many pages inside the password protected
> area but she wants the pages to be basic html pages.....I have
[...]

i'm rather curious what you did before...

regardless, what's the server platform?  have you tried searching on
.htaccess to protect a directory (using Apache)? what about just
locking down a directory to specific users set up on the sytem
(IIS)?

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself