[thelist] Video Capture/Hardware/Software

Gina K. Anderson gina at sitediva.com
Wed Nov 27 13:36:00 CST 2002

Hi all,

Short question, what hardware and software (besides Adobe Premeire--i don't need
that 'big') do you use for video capture, burning to CD/DVD and web
presentation?

I'm talking with a church about a little project--they want to put short video
clips on their site, and maybe archive on DVD or CD. They shoot the video with
an analog camcorder.

I am having a new computer built anyhow, and I've actually thought of doing this
with my own analog camcorder, so--I've been looking at the hardware and stuff
needed--boy, overwhelming to say the least. I'm eyeballing the ATI All-in-Wonder
8500DV (http://mirror.ati.com/products/pc/aiwradeon8500dv/index.html) --but I
dunno if this will fit what I need to do for the church and myself, and if it
will be good for my main work--web design using Photoshop and all that.

I've also thought about getting a normal graphics card and a separate video
capture card..alas, I'm still lost. What do you guys use?

Thanks,
Gina