[thelist] Problem importing LARGE text file.....

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Sun Dec 1 11:19:02 CST 2002

At 07:36 AM 12/1/2002, CDitty wrote:
>I asked this on the PHP list but nobody answered.  Hopefully, someone here
>can guide me.
>
>I am trying to import a 400 meg pipe delimited text file, but I am having
>problems. For some reason, it will only read in 320 lines and then it will
>cause a core dump. I have used this same script to import a 350 meg file
>with no problems. I have talked with my support and they believe it could
>be some type of problem or limitation with php.

Three (weak) ideas:

One are you using TinyInt for any autonumbering fields in mySQL?
Two, does it fail in the same place? Have you checked out that line?
Three, maybe try using perl to do the heavy work.
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys