[thelist] form.fieldname notation

Feingold Josh S Josh.S.Feingold at irs.gov
Mon Dec 9 11:12:01 CST 2002

> alert(this[i].name);
> alert(this.ssn);

I'm not sure what you are trying to do, but, this.name will provide you with
the name of the form object like "ssn".  To get the value of the form
object, you would use "this.ssn.value".  That is assuming you are calling
"this" is a reference to the form and not the object itself.  Since I don't
see where you are calling your Javascript from in the example you included,
I can't tell.  If you are calling it from the object, it would simply be
"this.value".

Josh
http://www.efeingold.com
http://www.secretguide.net <-- Beta site, comments welcome.