[thelist] Horizontal Scrollbar in IE

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 10 09:19:01 CST 2002

>I have a framed page (its for a uni assignment, I don't like frames either)
>but for some reason in IE6 I am getting a horizontal scrollbar displayed
>regardless of whether any content overflows - the only way I have found to
>combat this is to remove the <html> tags and the doctype declaration from
>the offending page and all is well.
>
>However, this would make the code for that page invalid, right? This means
>I will fail the assignment, so has anyone found a way to beat this in a
>valid manner?

Try putting the XML declaration

at the first line of the file. IE6 reverts to Quirks mode while the page
still remains valid.

If that doesn't help you have to send a URL so we can take a look for
ourselves.

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/
What shall we do with the W3C DOM?:
http://www.evolt.org/article/What_shall_we_do_with_the_W3C_DOM/4090/47311/index.html