[thelist] how do we hide contents?

alvar aalto raz at bigideas.com.my
Tue Dec 10 09:53:00 CST 2002

Hello, guys

Thanks for your input.

Timothy J. Luoma wrote --
Why on earth anyone would want to steal that code is beyond me :-)

Actually, the guy's intention was to challenge viewers (read, we lesser mortals) to determine the name of the Flash movie he was hiding within another Flash movie. I would guess that to show how smart he is, he "hid" the source codes. My ommission was I didn't scroll farther down the page or else I would have seen what Dave saw. In fact, he also disabled right click and select. I know how to disable right click and select.

Burhan Khalid wrote --

Isn't it also true that since the server sends the page to the browser
(unless encrypted) in plain text, and the page is (usually) cached on
the client, that any code hiding scheme would fail since the savvy
user can simply find the page on their browser's cache directory?
Always wondered about this, and thought this would be a good topic to
find out.

>From my, er, limited experience ;-), <meta http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache"> works quite well with images and, most times, with html pages as well.

I patiently await the how's from you advanced guys.

Thank you

Alvar