[thelist] Macromedia Contribute

James Newbery jamesnewbery at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 10 10:05:01 CST 2002

"matt s." <mspiegler at lightbulbpress.com> wrote:
> Anyone used it? Is it the cheap-n-easy CMS it
> promises to be?

I have managed to use it to farm out small amendments
to my non-techy coworkers. However, the site we use it
on was not developed with Dreamweaver and does not use
tables for layout, and there have been problems when
attempting anything more than changing existing text.
It does manage to stop my coworkers changing my PHP
code, however, and any mistakes are relatively low
impact as changes can be rolled back very easily.

Managing the whole thing via DWMX templates looks
promising, though I haven't tested it.

Jim