[thelist] Web Cam Software

j.d. welch so.there at showtunepink.com
Tue Dec 10 12:30:01 CST 2002

is this machine the server, or would you want to upload captures
elsewhere?  if the later, on the software side, i've had success with
ConquerCam (http://www.theill.com/ConquerCam/default.asp), using both a
cheap USB cam and a higher-end (FireWire) DV cam.
for hardware, i highly recommend the DV cam option; much better
quality, no drivers to fight with (dv is dv is dv), and you can use the
camera for myriad other things.  not sure about streaming directly on
windows...