[thelist] sendmail 8.12.5-7 problem

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Tue Dec 10 16:19:24 CST 2002

At 12:29 PM 12/10/2002, Chris W. Parker wrote:
> > What do you have in the sendmail.cw file? In there you're
> > supposed to have
> > all the local domains that sendmail will be responsible for.
>
>unfortunately i am at work and do not have the file to look at, but i do
>remember the last line reading...
>
>Cwlocalhost.localdomain
>
>should i change it to the domain i've been given temporarily?
>me.domain.org ?

In the cw file should be a listing of all the domains sendmail will be
responsible for. I don't have the latest and greatest version of sendmail,
but with my version it's just a text list of the domains. Once you update
that list, hup sendmail.

John is also correct about the fire wall manager. If you installed the fire
wall manager during installation you should make sure that port 25 (and
port 110 for POP) are open for external use.
--
Anthony Baratta
President