[thelist] CDONTS for International E-mail

Administrative HQ english_offline at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 11 02:18:01 CST 2002

Does anyone know how to define MIME type and charset
for *plain text* e-mails using CDONTS?

I'm referring to something equivalent to ASPEmail
encoding such as:

ContentTransferEncoding="8bit"
CharSet="windows-1252" (or whatever)
MailSubject = Mail.EncodeHeader (text)

Unfortunately our server doesn't support ASPEmail and,
as far as I've been able to find out, CDONTS only
allows plain text (undefined) or HTML, but doesn't
seem to allow anything more specific.

I did see an object called "mailformat" but was unable
to determine whether it's possible to use that to
define anything specific.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.