[thelist] how do we hide contents? Challenge!!

Steve Lewis slewis at macrovista.net
Wed Dec 11 12:31:01 CST 2002

Aleem Bawany wrote:
> The javascript is what write the document in the first place, and is in
> itself encoded, so if you delete it you won't have anything left.
So to summarize, this is 'security by obscurity.'  It is little more
efficient than rot13 or rot8 or pig latin.  The encryption scheme can be
defeated by any of the known and well documented techniques of
cryptoanalysis.  Once someone breaks it and shares the solution, anyone
can break it.  Decoding it can even be scripted.

I guess my question is if you are interested in this challenge, have you
considered cryptoanalysis as a hobby?

--Steve