bookmarklets (was RE: [thelist] cool content ratio tool)

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Wed Dec 11 22:31:01 CST 2002

> > http://www.holovaty.com/tools/getcontentsize/
> >
> > I found it interesting to check the content ratio of my own sites.
> > Made me stop and think about how much information I'm
> conveying, and
> > how much code it takes to do it.
>

> Surely someone will turn this into a bookmarklet, yes?

Surely whoever does will write up a quick tutorial for the rest of us who
haven't taken the time to figger it out, yes?

And, lest I forget, a hat tip to a Mr. J. Zeldman for that cool tool
linkage, and for making it evident that you can tag on your own URL and make
a link to impress your friends, thusly:

http://www.holovaty.com/tools/getcontentsize/?url=http%3A%2F%2FEGBDF.info%2F

and

http://www.holovaty.com/tools/getcontentsize/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fshellshockrom