[thelist] self.close() and IE 5.1 MAC

Mike Migurski mike at saturn5.com
Thu Dec 12 15:55:01 CST 2002

>Hypothetically speaking... How would I go about closing a popup window in
>IE 5.1 MAC?  self.close(), window.close(), and top.close() give me no
>problems with any of the other browsers I'm supporting, but none of them
>seem to work with IE 5.1 MAC.
>
>In case it matters to anyone: The popup window consists of a form, that
>when submitted should close the window.

I've done this countless times with no issues - are you /sure/ that the
form submission is in fact called the requested function? have you tried
dropping in an alert(), just to check?

I've run into problems in the past with functions that were being called
after page contents had been hosed out of memory. Could this be your
issue?

                 http://www.saturn5.com/mike/contact.html

                "Freedom! Horrible, horrible freedom!"