[thelist] Wireless Networking Advice

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Thu Dec 12 22:32:01 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Bindel" <dbindel at austin.rr.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 11:22 PM

> The computers in my house might be switching to a wireless network
> sometime soon, and I'm wondering if those of you have have done (or
> tried) it before can give me any advice on the subject... Good/bad
> brands, problems you faced, etc.

I set one up for my parents this last week and I have mixed reviews.  When
it works it's great.  However, it seems to be very intermittent.  They live
3000 miles away and I dread the phone calls when the "internet does work" on
the wireless client.  I tried to explain to them that the alternative was
cabling, but they didn't want to invest in that.  So the wireless was the
only real option... they are not 100% pleased at this time.

-joshua