[thelist] Persistent Caching (revisited)

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Sat Dec 14 12:23:17 CST 2002

Hi List,

I know that this meta tag prevents caching on web pages:
<META HTTP-Equiv="Pragma" Content="no-cache">

What do I do if that page has already been cached and want to force the
update. I've tried flat out renaming files, but every time I want to make a
change, I can't tell whether or not the user has the most up-2-date
information. I'm running IIS 4, I'm not so confident on its ability to
enable Content Expiration times on files. What are some methods you use to
get disable caching of static web pages?

Rob.Smith