[thelist] Web services - what's the difference?

Marc Seyon seyon at delime.com
Sat Dec 14 12:26:50 CST 2002

Message from Peter-Paul Koch (12/13/2002 04:07 PM)

>Hi,
>
>I'm having some trouble understanding the concept of web services.
>
>As far as I understand, web services are server side application that Take
>Care Of Something, like credit card processing, online payments or searching
>through a huge database. You create a web service and it works.

I have not had the opportunity to read this yet, but glossed through it and
it looks interesting. May or may not provide some insights for you ppk.

http://www.mckinseyquarterly.com/reader/2002/web_services.asp

I think this is freely available, but if not you just need to register (for
free) to view.

regards.
-marc