[thelist] Global.asa, strings and script blocks

Chris Marsh chris at webbtech.co.uk
Sat Dec 14 12:35:27 CST 2002

Dear all

Within my ASP application, I set the default values for a number of
application variables. One of these is a string to be included within
the <head> tags of every page. However, the following line:

Application("DEFAULT_HEAD") = "<script>"

Generates the error: A script block cannot be placed inside another
script block.

I am aware that script blocks cannot indeed be nested, but as this is a
string I cannot understand why it is disallowed. Has anyone else come
across this, or am I missing something fairly obvious?

TIA

Regards

Chris Marsh