[thelist] embedded databases for a portable PHP application

Aleem Bawany aleem.bawany at utoronto.ca
Tue Dec 17 04:07:00 CST 2002

I'm looking for an embedded database for a PHP application I am writing.
I have used pointbase, but that's java based and I'm looking for
something based on PHP (or maybe even perl).

Also, is there anyway to make a PHP application portable by including
say php.exe and the neccessary DLLs and a config file (all in the same
dir) or something of the sort? The server where the application will
run, has PHP (and perl) support but it would be an added bonus if I
could make it completely portable.

Another question I'll throw in since I'm posting anyway: What would you
say to writing the application in Visual Basic (shows images in
full-screen mode, gathers data, displays output and stores it to a
file/db).

aleem

[ http://members.evolt.org/aleem/ ]