[thelist] CSS - Div height and relativity

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Tue Dec 17 07:49:01 CST 2002

Hi all. (tried this on CSS-discuss but it looks like it went down just
as I asked my question!)

Deadline panic!

I have a relative content div and a relative footer div (see it here:
http://www.torbytes.co.uk/newindex.htm)

I was using height:600px on the content div to ensure that short pages
didn't have a "high" footer and then I discovered that (on long pages)
Opera put the footer at 600px regardless and the extra content of the
div ran over the footer. (whereas IE just extended the content div)

I removed height, but that looks silly on short pages.

I tried min-height but IE6.0 does weird stuff.

Anyone got any ideas (short of using a spacer gif in the content div!)

(I'm sure I could find an answer if I had time, but time is one thing I
don't have enough of right now.)

TIA

Tony