[thelist] online payments

Kathy Long kat at katandmouse.com
Tue Dec 17 10:06:01 CST 2002

> From: "chris" <chris at mindsparkmedia.com>
> To: "Evolt-Thelist" <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
> Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:36:06 -0800
> Subject: [thelist] online payments
>
> Hi,
> I'm building a website for a conference and am terribly confused about
> online payment options other than PayPal.  This is a one-time deal....
> they'd like people to be able to register and pay for the conference
> online.
> Does anyone have any recommendations?  Thank you very much
>
> chris

Chris, You have a few options.

1) Does this client have a merchant account? If so, I wouldn't
recommend online payment processing for a one-time deal, but most
stores, I think, will handle encrypted credit card transactions. You
could try that.

2) Paypal is also a good option for you. I have a client using that for
his online registrations now and loves it. I don't normally recommend
PayPal except for special situations, and this is one of them.

3) There are services online that will act as your online payment
processor and not require that you have your own  merchant account such
as: http://www.2checkout.com/

4) And, of course, if all else fails, there is always pay be check and
mail in your order.  But I think that is what you are trying to avoid,
isn't it?

Kathy

Kat & Mouse
http://www.katandmouse.com