[thelist] Web Safe Colours

j.d. welch so.there at showtunepink.com
Tue Dec 17 10:19:01 CST 2002

the Pantone RGB guide is really helpful if you've already got a
corporate color palette to work with (as i'd assume a cosmetics company
would):

http://www.pantone.com/products/
products.asp?idSubArea=0&idArea=1&idProduct=371&idArticleType_Products=0

look up a PMS number, and you've got rgb and hex values for it.  kinda
pricey, but quite useful-- easier to justify choices to a client than
trying to match a hue in photoshop and saying "well, it looked good on
my monitor."  i haven't used their software counterpart to the guide,
but that looks like a promising way to streamline the process as well.

-jd