[thelist] JavaScript and GET name value pairs

David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil
Wed Dec 18 12:49:01 CST 2002

>I have a need to pull some GET name/value pairs using JS (long story,
>I have no choice). I've been struggling with some code I found on the
>net and wondered if anyone here has done this.

Hi Tom,

Funny you should mention this, maybe two weeks ago I faced this exact same
problem. Don't you love mailing lists? ;)

Anyway, now I can't find the site that had what I was looking at, but a
quick search on google ("javascript querystring library") returned this as
the first hit:

	http://javascript.about.com/library/scripts/blquerystring.htm

It's essentially an API for accessing the querystring. Their example shows
it best:

	QueryString( "search" ) returns "test"
	QueryString( "results" ) returns "15"

Actually, it looks a lot nicer than the one I downloaded and tinkered with
before.

HTH,
-dave