[thelist] DB entry shown as a directory??

Adrian Fischer adrian at aussiebidder.com
Sat Dec 21 21:21:01 CST 2002

Thanks Jackson,

that did the trick.  If I could ask a follow on question.  How many rewrites
can I put in the htaccess file before it becomes unwieldy?  10..20..1000?

What about writing to a htaccess on the fly from within a perl program so
that it gets updated automatically?

thanks again for the help.

Adrian

mod_rewrite will do this for you if you're using Apache and the server
administrator has enabled it.  Just type into the .htaccess file

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^yourbusiness\/$ /cgi-bin/dockets.pl?action=showdoc&item=578 [L]

and you should be good.

--
Regards,
Jackson Yee