[thelist] [study] which way is quickest

Aral Balkan aral at aralbalkan.com
Mon Dec 23 06:50:01 CST 2002

It's a definite juggling act -- all I can say is that it keeps getting
easier to increment knowledge since increasingly there's some sort of
standardization or other at play (eg. on the c++ / java syntax for
programming languages, on common tools and workflows for graphic design
programs, etc.) Personally I keep finding the next new technology I learn
easier to learn than the one before. (Case in point, I went from C to -- a
long absence -- to Lingo, ActionScript, Javascript then Python and then PHP.
Having started with HTML it wasn't too big a conceptual link to go to XML.
All this helped recently when I picked up Coldfusion MX. The same with
design -- knowing Photoshop/Illustrator and Quark pretty much gives you a
passport to learning anything else.

Aral :)
 Aral Balkan | Bits And Pixels | http://www.BitsAndPixels.co.uk
 24 Claremont Heights, 70 Pentonville Road, N1 9PR London, UK
 t/f: +44 (0) 20 7278.1825 mob: +44 (0) 7986.124219

---